Thanks to donations of medicines by member companies, Tulipe is able to provide assistance to organisations working in emergency situations (natural disasters, conflicts, etc.). Tulipe works with specialised organisations, which it has partnered for over 20 years: Comité de Secours Internationaux (COSI), Secouristes sans frontières, Crisis Centre of the Foreign Affairs Ministry / previous DAH, and the French Red Cross.
In addition to its work in emergency situations, Tulipe is able to make donations to associations that provide assistance to populations undergoing chronic distress.
Tulipe’s Head Pharmacist is responsible for determining how donations are allocated, according to the availability of supplies. Tulipe is not able to guarantee that any donations made will be repeated in successive years.
To be entitled to receive donations of medicines, organisations must satisfy the following conditions:
- They must have a medical vocation
- They must have been in existence for at least three years
- Their boards must include a pharmacist or doctor registered in France
- They must sign and apply the Tulipe general conditions (PDF, 80 Ko, in English) in line with the Decree of 18/08/2008 (PDF, 48 Ko) setting out good practice with respect to donating medicines.
Organisations that fulfil these prerequisite conditions can make their request for a donation to the following address (Tulipe, 86/90 rue Thiers 92100 Boulogne Billancourt), attaching the following documents:
- A copy of their articles of association
- A copy of the professional membership of the doctor or pharmacist
- A report of a recent mission
- An initial evaluation of monthly medicine needs